Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Evacuated 2011 - Day 64 - Aug 24, 2011

We went to the house last night after work. Pat was able to get all the staples removed from the living room.... staples were in the pad below the carpet. I was able to get all nails removed from the base molding I removed from the main floor. Some of the base molding will have to be discarded. We saved as much as possible as it is quarter sawn oak.
We received our 1st estimate from an electrician and a heating and A/C contractor. Wiring estimate for basement and main floor just under $20,000. The Heating and air conditioning estimate for 2 furnaces and new A/C was about the same ,just under $20,000.
Today I am going to meet with a local builder about installing a beam where the load bearing wall is. Yesterday, a structural engineer was in and took measurements. He will give me  ideas on what to do also. Once that is done we are ready for concrete.
We are supposed to get a call today from the Southern Baptist power wash team about power washing the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment