Saturday, June 18, 2011
PW Miller Co.
P.W. Miller was well known in county and the state for his many business interests. He was also involved in farming and ranching north of Velva. In 1943 he founded the PW Miller Co. in the Grand Hotel on Central Avenue. It was known as “The Store with the Yellow Front”. The PW Miller Co. specialized in Army and Navy Surplus. After the Grand Hotel fire they moved temporarily into the Westlie Building on the corner of Central Avenue and Broadway. In August of 1960 PW Miller Co. moved into the Weinrebe Building on 1st Avenue nest to the Clarence parker Hotel. The location is now offices and the home of a law firm.