Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Evacuated 2011 - Day 109 - Oct 8, 2011

I did not get to the house yesterday until mid afternoon. The water department stopped by about 8:30 am to fix a small leak in the water main coming into the house. I was on my way down there when I called and was told everyone was evacuated from the area. Apparently while demolishing the house across the street, the gas line was broken. It took a couple hours for that to get fixed. I did sneak in for a brief visit about 2 pm and everyone was back working. Most of the lathe and plaster is now off all the walls on the main floor. Hopefully the exterior walls will go up in the basement so we can get the rest of the wiring done and start insulating.
We are going to enlarge the shower in the basement to 4 ft X 5 ft and have the concrete guys pour a floor and do the tiling. we are picking out the tile this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment