Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Oct. 15, 1962 - School Explosion
Nedrose School Explosion October 15, 1962 – Five people were hospitalized in Minot after an explosion heavily damaged Nedrose School. Two others were treated and released. The explosion heavily damaged the six room grade school located 3 mile east of Minot. A Parent Teachers Association (PTA) was meeting at the time the explosion occurred. The explosion occurred in the furnace in the furnace room. It is believed to have been caused by a leak in a propane tank that supplied fuel to the hot water heater used in the building. Walls and many windows were blown out by the explosion. Desks in the classroom next to the furnace room were tossed about like a tornado went through the room.