Terhorst Manufacturing -- Started in 1928 by brothers Harvey and Willis Terhorst, and located at 615 4th Ave SE, (under the Burdick Expressway viaduct). Terhorst is in the business of making molds for all types of products. The original building was expanded in 1936, 1940, 1951 and again in 1967. During World War II, Terhorst made fuse adapters for bombs. The machines needed to make the adapters were designed by Terhorst as they did not exist to purchase them. In the 1960’s, Terhorst got into the plastic molding business. They still remain one of the lesser known long term businesses in Minot.
Terhorst - 1972
Post a Comment